Terms & Conditions of Entry for FastForward
FastForward is an innovation competition run by Fastbleep Events of Fastbleep Limited, trading from Innospace, Manchester, M1 5GH (hereafter referred to as ‘Fastbleep’). These terms and conditions of entry are referred to as the ‘Contract’.
Please email Kate Bowman, Fastbleep’s Events Director, with any queries regarding the Contract.
- May enter as a group of students, or enter as a sole trader, existing partnership or company (hereafter referred to as ‘teams’).
- Must be registered students at a UK university in the academic year 2011/12, and provide proof of such if required by Fastbleep; however, teams may comprise one member who is not a university student.
- Must be aged over 16 on 1 September 2013.
- Must submit a completed entry form no later than the stated deadline on the FastForward application form.
- Must be available for the FastForward 2013 conference event in Manchester on Saturday 16 March 2013.
- Must accept that the judges’ decision is final.
Applications will not be accepted from:
- Teams including individuals under 16 years of age.
- Universities or other institutions.
- A team member, or a member of the immediate family of a team member of Fastbleep.
All applications for the FastForward prizes will be required to:
- Have aspects of their application posted on the FastForward website and be used for FastForward publicity materials.
- Provide a 1 minute video describing their entry for the FastForward website.
All FastForward prize winners will be required, without payment, to:
- Provide proof of age, UK residency and university student status.
- Submit a short report after 6 and 12 months to Fastbleep.
- Work with Fastbleep to publicise FastForward.
- The reasonable use of your details and photographs in Fastbleep advertising, marketing or promotional material on Fastbleep’s websites or otherwise.
- Acknowledge Fastbleep’s support, and the support of FastForward’s sponsors.
Category prizes involve a cash prize (amount to be announced) and the opportunity to work with Fastbleep’s concept partners to develop the idea. Headline prize amounts refer to the investment programmes of Fastbleep’s concept partners, which will be awarded to category winners at the discretion of the concept partner alone.
Intellectual property (including protection of entries) & probity
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are satisfied with the level of protection for your idea before you submit it to FastForward, and to take your own legal advice on this. You are responsible for applying for patent protection in respect of your idea before submitting it to Fastforward, if you consider patent protection appropriate. You may not be able later to apply for patent protection for an idea, which you have disclosed on a non-confidential basis. Confidentiality agreements will be in place for FastForward judges, and delegates to FastForward 2013. Fastbleep will disclose your personal data to FastForward judges, in order to facilitate awarding of prizes.
It is your responsibility to ensure your submission represents only work produced by your team, and to take steps to minimise risk of corruption or illegality.
You will not upload, display or transmit via fastbleep.com any material which you know or ought reasonably to know is false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
Changes to the contract
Fastbleep may alter or make corrections to this Contract at any time, without notice or compensation. It is your responsibility to check for any alterations. Fastbleep may reasonably waive any of the terms of this Contract where a person might otherwise be disqualified (without obliging Fastbleep to waive or amend the terms of this Contract in any other case whatsoever).
A number of Fastbleep Events team members will be involved in FastForward, with access to your submission. Confidentiality agreements will apply, preventing them from disclosing your information to other Fastbleep employees and volunteers, within the group, or to third-parties. Except for the Fastbleep Events team, Fastbleep will not have access to your application and will not use your ideas to further its business objectives.
The application process will be managed by, and the applications judged by, independent third parties appointed by Fastbleep.
Fastbleep gives no guarantee as to the outcome of your application.
Except as expressly set out in this Contract, all warranties, undertakings, conditions and terms, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, custom, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise (including without limitation as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or suitability for purpose) in respect of FastForward or any other subject of this Contract are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Nothing in this Contract shall exclude Fastbleep’s liability to you for loss and damage arising from fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its employees. Fastbleep shall not be liable to you for any act or omission by the third-party FastForward judges. Fastbleep shall not be liable to you under or in connection with this Contract for any indirect, economic or consequential loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or loss of reputation.
Fastbleep shall not be liable to you under or in connection with this Contract for any loss arising out of or from (i) difficulties you experience in submitting your application online or accessing the website; (ii) user errors; (iii) negligent use of the website; (iv) sharing of passwords leading to unauthorised access to applications; or (v) your application being lost, delayed or damaged in the post; or (vi) non, late or damaged receipt of any claim for funding, notification or other communication.
The limit of Fastbleep’s liability to you in respect of all claims arising out of or from any breach by Fastbleep of this Contract is limited to the cash amount you have been awarded as a FastForward prize.
This Contract is governed by the law of England and Wales. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and shall supersede all previous understandings, oral or written, between the parties with respect to FastForward.